The system enables users to interact with colourful beams of light (choose from 6, 8 or 12 beams) simply by passing a hand or other body-part through the beams - or by using a hand held reflective "Magic Wand". Each interaction triggers all types of audio-visual events in real-time.
This multi-sensory system revolutionises the way users communicate, learn and make choices. Its versatility enables it to be used as a musical instrument, an interactive story telling device, a virtual switch that is an effective communication aid. Users are empowered to influence their own environment. It can be calming and stimulating, fun and educational, challenging and creative.
- No floor space required
- Modular - flexible design
- Low maintenance
- Turnkey Operation
Proven to be an important tool for challenging and encouraging participation, key benefits include:
- Improves understanding of cause and effect
- Stimulates motor skill development, particularly hand-eye coordination
- Encourages users to listen and respond
- Helps users build a more positive self image and self esteem
- Encourages interaction - with the beams and others
- Aids the ability to make choices and demonstrate preferences
- Encourages users to move/use physical energy
- Heightens sensory awareness and increases concentration span
- Aids visual memory
- Improves musical skills
- Promotes healthy fun and enjoyment
OptiMusic has wide-ranging emotional benefits, actively supporting standards set by the National Curriculum including those for literacy and numeracy, music and drama.
Story time with Sounds and Images:
Users participate by triggering sounds and images that reinforce the story line. Educational categories include Nature, Music, Numeracy, Literacy, Science, Technology, Transport, Health & Safety, Food & Drink, Signs and Symbols and The World Around Us.
To assist schools and care providers to meet national standards, we offer progress monitoring templates which enable facilitators to record, assess and evaluate user's level, consistency and precision.
• PC laptop
• 8 OptiMusic interactive light units, each measuring 38cmL x 12cmW x 12cmH and weighing 3.6kg. each
• 8 reflective self-adhesive circular soft pads
• 8 reflective foam bats
• 1 USB control box
• 1 standard button control box
• OptiMusic light software with images, videos and sounds