Life Histories Game
Product Code - 13619
A multi-purpose board game designed to aid reminiscing, help individuals getting to know each other, and facilitate the sharing of experiences. It can be played by 2-8 people, independently or supported by staff.
The cards can also be used to inspire people writing their life stories. Benefits include:
- Helping to preserve memory
- Maintaining a sense of identity
- Integrating the past and present
- Assisting with reminiscing and the life review process
- Promoting a sense of pride that people have done their best in life
- Providing opportunities for socialising and making friends
- Promoting understanding of behaviour and outlook on life
- Sharing life accomplishments that promote respect
- Providing references for conversations with cognitively impaired individuals
This non-competitive, fun activity will become a well-used tool to benefit both residents and staff in day centres, residential homes, hospitals and activity clubs, as well as people being cared for at home.